Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought my mk4 back in may 2010.
2001 VW Jetta 1.8T GLS 97k on the clock
my first car

had the timing belt and water pump done

bought a splitter

carbonio cai (i know... its pointless...)

revo stage 1 was next...

then i put in an H&R cup kit

billy boat 3 inch catless downpipe

forge turbo inlet pipe

switched my splitter for a 007PA. see above^^

eurojet race fmic

revo stage 2 reflash

4 bar fpr

sach's g60 flywheel paired with a clutch masters stage 3 full face clutch

custom magna flow catback exhaust (done at exhaust shop)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aeb head

port and polish, oversize valves, integrated cams
precision 60 trim t3/t4
fully built integrated bottom end
880cc injectors
e85
i have an exact build plan, with links and prices to everything on my computer, thats just the jist of it. I'm looking for 380-440whp

·
Registered
495 Posts
looking sexy, i need an aliment done, i drive straight and my steering wheel is off to the left and she likes to drift that was

·
Registered
4 Posts
i changed mine to poly bushings, the hardest bushing to change on the control arm is the little bushing. and i cant really tell that it squeaks or not. but the handling is way better.
Ours are 80,000 miles old and original, and couldn't possibly squeak any louder... what are the part numbers of the replacements? Was it difficult?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
GermanAutoParts.com i used the poly bushings....my car had over 300,000 miles when i changed them. if you have a vice and a bfh you should be good with the bigger bushings. the little ones were a pita. i smashed my hand with my 3lb mini sledge, trying to get the little bushings out. but i got it done.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the big circle one came out easy but was a bitch going in, and the little one was a bitch getting out but it went together with the pressure of my hands.

to get the big circle one out, i just crushed the edges in with a punch and a hammer and then it fell out, then used the press to get the new bushing started straight and then finished it with a firm smack with a little sledge. the little one i smacked it to one side with a hammer, then used a hack saw to cut the rubber lip off the bushing, then i pushed it halfway out, grabbed the other end of the bushing in the vise and twisted it off the control arm..

but so far i haven't heard any squeaks. i lubed the shit outta them. i used the red poly mk2-mk4 bushings on bfi's site.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this is the whole kit

not a bad trade off i say. i did his clutch for him and gave me this as payment. i feel like its a big step in the parts gathering stage. next on the list is either eurodyne mastro or a short block that someone local has provided it checks out at the machine shop

1 - 20 of 170 Posts