VW Forum banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
4,053 Posts
Those retro's are my favorite part of your car. They are perfect! :K:

And as for wheels have you ever thought about switching it up?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
yes yes. wheels are next on the list, its hard juggling building the motor, with maintenance, and trying to find a set of wheels i like. i cant seem to settle on something for very long, hence the other reason i havent pulled the trigger on wheels, that and i put new tires on these before sowo in may so i wanna get some use out of them.

as far as wheels, im leaning towards meister s1's or the infamous bbs rs but fifteen52 tarmacs are appealing and wont break the bank, but i want something 2-3 piece for the color scheme i want to do

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
so, i think im going to do 3sdm 0.05s, but im going to finish them in a way thats never been done ;)

but that may change by the time i decide to buy wheels, what i want changes daily, hence the other reason i havent gotten another set. by the time it arrives at my door i would want something else

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
im going to finish the motor, im almost losing motivation because ive spent so much money so far and have nothing to show for it. i want some sort of instant gratification. however once the motor is assembled things should progress rather quickly compared to now.

im going to put the motor in on my k04 with a conservative tune to break it in and then after its broken in and has some time on it im gonna put the big turbo in. if i put it in all at once the temptation to test it and step on it will get the best of me

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
well, as always, everytime i have money to spend on the rest of the parts for the motor something breaks, this time my oil pump failed. luckily i caught it before it did any damage

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
im going to buy a new oil pump for the new motor also. it was just a shitty time for it to happen, but the cars already back together and running. i would put it all in at once, but i think that splitting it up will be the best to minimize the time i have the car in a thousand pieces in the middle of the shop tying up a lift that i could be making money with, and less of a risk of it getting dented/scratched etc. and while im breaking it in, i can piece together the rest of the stuff for the turbo kit and most likely modify the downpipe for a top mount tubular exhaust manifold, and weld up a wastegate dump pipe out of aluminum and then make an intake of some sort.
sometime in the near future i want to weld up a catch can and then do all the emissions deletes, that way its that much less to deal with taking the motor out. i almost feel bad taking out a motor that has no issues what so ever and burns almost no oil

·
Registered
981 Posts
seriously my RS2s are perfect! All the valve stems are functional, all the bolts/faces are free and not stripped. Hell, I just hand polished ALL of the bolts.

They even have brand new 225/40/18 falken 612 allseasons (actually really nice and asymmetrical!)

So they are 100% square. you can rotate them as you please and get full tire life out of em. I can strip them so they are ready to paint or fukn can have em powdercoated for a really good deal ;-)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
hmmm, im looking more for wheels that were abused and need tlc and refinishing, i have something sinister planned for a color combo. im still leaning towards the 3sdm's for some reason. rs's would be nice. a friend of mine has a wheel business down here so im waiting for him to find something or something i can build as i go. i promise, the next set of wheels i bolt onto this car, will be something no one has ever seen, which is hard to do on an mk4 but i think i can do it

121 - 140 of 170 Posts