VW Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
4,054 Posts
Saw your instagram updates and instantly recognized the car. Glad you got it running again man. I still lurk on here from time to time along with a few others. There's not as many as there used to be though.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
yeah it definitely spent way too much time on the back burner, but i was pretty particular about the way i wanted it to go back together so it is what it is, the biggest hurdle i had was getting someone to tune it with eurodyne, had multiple big name shops not want to be bothered with it but i found a shop on the other coast of FL that stepped up to the plate and got it running and some sort of a tune so i can do a break in and then bring it back for some real numbers. kind of sucks i have to trailer it 130 miles away to get it tuned which makes minor tweaks a bit of an inconvienience but i dont really care about the distance at this point.

i did notice it seems pretty dead around here compared to back in the day with all of us. the mk4 section used to always be pretty active.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
Since you last logged in I sold my mk4, drove a mk4, drove a mk5 and recently traded it in on a 18 Tiguan. I like to pop in once a while. Like checking up on that girl you dated in high school.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
thats awesome, i think i remember you selling the mk4 and then that was somewhere around when i fell off the map. how do you like the tiguan? my gf keeps eyeing them lately

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
Tig is nice. Its 4 motion, black interior. It is a little under powered. Doesn't really bother me though. The fit and feel makes up for it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Glad to see this thing is still around. I like to log in from time to time. Jetta is back to stock and almost set for dailying, just have a few things left to fix. I bought an s5 so that has been getting most of the attention. Only a few people left on here and a bunch of random one time posts. Most people have disappeared so I was happy to see this thread bumped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
yeah im sure everyone figured this car was never finished and parted out but its not. definitely noticed theres a ton of one time posts, logged in to a guy asking where to get an aeb head from but looks like it was one of those one timers. s5 sounds like a lot of fun, i did look through your thread and saw you were putting everything back to stock.

50 miles left on the break in then its time to party, whats everyones thoughts on trying to keep the n75 for boost control vs an aftermarket controller?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
no pics yet, but little update, shes at the tuner, had a problem with the front and rear main seals so those had to be swapped out, then a bent clutch fork, but its got a greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller now. hasnt been on the rollers yet so no power numbers but pics should be up soon hopefully

161 - 170 of 170 Posts