VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.18turbo.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=35;t=000014#000000

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 18turbo:

&

Invite you to join us on Sunday, January 19th, for food, fun, music, and GIAC chipping for all!

We have rented a HUGE spot at Downey Park here in beautiful Orlando, Florida to host this event. Some of you know this as the park that annually hosts the mostly Aircooled VW show. Everyone is more than welcome, as long as you drive a Volkswagen or Audi that is
We can hold plenty of people so the more the merrier!

Ok, I know exactly what you want to hear, so let's talk about the whole GIAC chipping thing. Chipping will be done by none other than the very talented Larry Macedo of Macedo Motorsports. He has been a tuner of Vipers and other exotics such as Ferrari and Porsche for many years and has recently taken an interest into the tuning of VAG autos. He himself is a long-time VW owner, so he knows the dub love firsthand. I can't get into the exact details of pricing at this point, but I can tell you that prices will be set at a discounted rate and will be available for the 1.8T, VR6, and 2.0.

If you are not interested in the chipping aspect of the GTG, we are in communication with the boys over at 1552, and feel pretty strong about them making an appearance. As for "X", well, I can't make any promises, but rest assured we're gonna try our hardest to persuade ole Brad to bring her up for everyone to appreciate :thumbup:

If all that excitement doesn't interest you, then you have to come for the food! We will be providing the finest burgers in O-town, plus drinks and chips prepared by DSR's own Master Chef Slate.

We will also have a live DJ spnning some tunes for everybody to "shake what your Momma's gave ya!"

The park is located at:
10107 Flowers Avenue
Orlando, FL 32825

A map can be found HERE

We will be firing up the grill around 11-11:30am, so we'll be expecting everyone to be there 30 minutes or so early. We'll be doing this all day until the park closes at 5:30pm. If we run out of time for chipping, it shouldn't be a problem to re-locate and continue =)

Please stay tuned to this thread for further information as it develops and please visit the Dubspeed Racing site that's in my signature. Thank you for taking the time to read my mini-novel of a thread and we hope to see you there!
:thumbup:

* BTW: Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so no excuses

>>This post was originally made by BlackGTiTurbo on Vortex
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Thats cool. The only problem is i wouldn't have my dub down there and i don't know anyone. I'm not sure how they would feel having some 22 year old pulling up in a BMW 330ci Conver. They would either say it's ok or call me a spoiled little rich boy even though it isn't my car.
jon

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Hmmm. I might try and get to this. I'll be in Bradenton from the 16th-20th. I'll see if i can make it if the fishing is bad.
jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts