VW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
i told you..

i have so many speaker wires in the back.. its not even funny..

im trying to come up with something to put it all in a nice hidden channel some how..

but thats going to wait until i have my EQ and im switching subs to heavy magnet 12's with a 2000 watt one ohm stable amp.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
This is where a false floor will come in handy. My last setup had my amps installed in the rear deck lid, there was no wires showing what soever, but running them upside down makes the heatsinks run hot. My next setup, once installed, will have sub amp in the spare tire well (you need to have good ventilation for this) interior amp on the rear seat, and secondary battery, cap, EQX, and Epicenter in the front of the subs at the rear of the car. This is the only way I can mount everything since my box is 6 cubic feet. I have all of my equipment, amp/ accessory racks, and my floor. I just now need to install everything. I plan on upgrading my components to Focal sometime in the future as my Alpines are not clean enough for my liking.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
yeah.. im still fine tuning / tweaking the sound i want.. hence why i havent done anything..

typically i dont have the seats down either. just in the summer when i have it cranked and extremely hot out. i just did that for the pic. :D

im thinking about possible doing a false wall.. where its a wall infront of the sub box.. (towards the trunk / rear of car) and have holes.. for the subs.. therefor.. that whole 1/4 or whatever of the trunk just looks like a big box.. then have "port" tubes.. through the wall.. and possible jump a power wire off the highs 4 channel amp.. to fans in the port tubes.. to suck air in to cool it all down.. then the seats up.. it would get air, cooled, and be all hidden neatly.. ever an issue.. flip the seats.. unplug the fans in the tubes.. and pull the wall out the trunk.. easy access.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Brutal.

I read.

There is one thing I like about my car...and it's the beauty of the whole thing.

I am extremely close, can't get no closer or the shine of excolance will be out if frame.

And why did I take the pic from behind? Well...

I just like looking at ass I guess!

41 - 60 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.