VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first time posting here. I really need help.

Lets start from the beginning. Yesterday I was driving, and when I was in 4th gear I noticed while I was pressing on the gas pedal my RPM's were actually decreasing, it wasn't doing anything, that lasted about 4 seconds. Then it started accelerating again and everything was fine.

I walked into a store, came back out, car starts perfectly fine. Then it starts sputtering out and then just stalls. It's NOT the immobilizer, I didn't replace my key.

I grabbed my scan tool and got System too lean Bank 1, and another code that didn't come back after I cleared it.

I checked my oil, which I changed 500 miles ago and it was practically empty. I don't have an oil leak (My jetta is stored in a garage so I would see a spill, it's not leaking any fluid)

Any suggestions? I am not getting any misfire codes either. Like I said its only the too lean one. Would an o2 sensor or air filter really do this?

Thanks Guys, will be checking this thing constantly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, giving it gas when starting it does nothing. The RMPS don't change, it is as if I am not even pressing on the gas

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Air filter won't do that, but fuel filter could. There could be build up inside the filter that move around and plugs the line. When was the last time you did plugs, wires, filters?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Hey all, I opened the fuel pump lines and say no gas was coming in. I opened up the back fuel pump compartment (Best thing ever invented) and sure enough the pump was dead. Had power going in and nothing was coming on. So 320$ later we're good to go on fuel. I broke the Fuel Rail line checking the fuel so have to pick one of those up and will see if the Jetta lives

1 - 5 of 5 Posts