VW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 VW Jetta. I’ve had it for 2 yrs and prior to that it belonged to one set of owners who appeared to take great care of it over the years.
A few months after buying it, my drivers side floor started to get wet after rain. I brought it into the shop and they said it wasn’t the sunroof drain but instead the windshield seal was leaking. They weren’t able to fix it and suggested I take it to a glass repair place to get the windshield replaced. The glass shop didn’t think the windshield would cause water only on the floor. I’ve tried to recreate the issue with a hose but it doesn’t work. Only rain. So I’m obviously missing where it’s coming from.
The only other issue I have is foam coming through the vents which from what I read requires removing the dash and unless the two issues are connected I’ll leave it for now since.
Any ideas what else to check? I’m disabled so not able to do any heavy work but I’m not having luck with the mechanics in my area to diagnose.
would appreciate any help. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2003 Jetta 4dr GLS. 90K. I had to change the Cat and while under the car I noticed most all of the rubber floor pan grommets or bungs have rotted away. I can see the carpet padding on some. If I drove it in the rain my carpet would be wet for sure. There are quite a few of them. Might be worth a look. Now if I can only find some. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts