VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my wife's Jetta today, she has continued to describe a shudder/stalling event when driving that I have never experienced when driving the car.

Today I experienced this shudder, and it occurred very briefly, only during the the first couple of shifts. Most noticeable with the 1/2 shift, less but still noticeable at 2/3, and if continued to occur through 3/4 and 4/5/6 it was not strong enough to feel. I tried to repeat the event when accelerating from the next traffic light, but it was just the one time.

My initial thought was a sticky solenoid(s). I've also tried to look (google) for similar symptoms from others. I read a single post about an individual with a very similar description, who replaced the valve body and resolved his issue.

I'm not going to run out and buy a valve body on one post.

Anyone experienced this or familiar with this issue/resolution?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
The mechatronics units are known problems in the dsg transmission. The factory warranty was extended to cover this. Have the dealer check it out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mechatronics units are known problems in the dsg transmission. The factory warranty was extended to cover this. Have the dealer check it out
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I thought the DSG only came in the TDI or GLI models of the Jetta. (or other models like the CC and such).

Reading the description of the DSG here, DSG < DSG < Volkswagen of America it seems as though this is what's in my wife's 2.5 model, but it is not listed as such on the website.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts