VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doesnt jetta mean something like bora in German??
What does golf, corrado, fox, and passat all mean in german? just curious.....

i would like to switch up my badge or sumtin, with/or if corrado is different in german. ---it would be different

Zak

·
Registered
9 Posts
bora = mkiv jetta
vento = mkiii jetta

thats all i can think of right now, its just that they are the eurospec versions of the cars we get in the us, im not a fan of badge swapping unless u actually have a euro spec one of those vehicles

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you'll find that the meanings of most VW cars names are some form of wind in various languages, Golf being the Gulf wind in German. I don't know why VW insisted on re-naming the Jetta in Europe every time they facelifted the Golf/Jetta range though, seems a bit pointless to me and just serves to confuse people.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Thomas will be able to articulate this a little better on this but it has something to do with the older model Jetta brand name having a poor quality reputation in the european market. Changing the name from mk to mk was VW's attempt to differenciate the newer models from the stigma of the old Jetta brand.... or some shit like that!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
just like over here when vw introduced the rabbit and fox.... and so on.... the sales were mostly for rabbits. they did a few chassis changes and changed the name to golf and jetta to try to promote better sales. the jetta while popular over here is still slumping from year to year over in europe.... the name changes are a factor in trying to promote sales and new interests in the sedans offered by vw. remember europe is the land of the hot hatch!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm from Holland, just near Germany. Driving a Vento.
I will mention only the different types, all the others are the same:

Mk1
same

Mk2
same

Mk3
Jetta III = Vento

Mk4
Jetta IV = Bora

Passat, Corrado (ore Sirocco) and others are the same.
Nothing news, you were already well informed!!!

Friend has a Vento but ordered and put a Jetta type IV on his trunk. Total cool here!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vento-Robbi:
Hi, I'm from Holland, just near Germany. Driving a Vento.
I will mention only the different types, all the others are the same:

Mk1
same

Mk2
same

Mk3
Jetta III = Vento

Mk4
Jetta IV = Bora

Passat, Corrado (ore Sirocco) and others are the same.
Nothing news, you were already well informed!!!

Friend has a Vento but ordered and put a Jetta type IV on his trunk. Total cool here!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holland Rules ! Alles Goed Robert !

·
Registered
45 Posts
hello i´m german,

yes, here is the jetta called Bora (for IV Version) but the Vento is the Version III....

The Passat is already the same...

The German dont like the jetta name...
so here is it called Bora or Vento...is better for the cars here..;-))

·
Registered
6 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VENTO.NL:
Holland Rules ! Alles Goed Robert !
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, very nice cars in the US!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts