VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the driver side doorlock on my 96 jetta 2.0 broke the other day and now the whole lock can be pulled out of the door. i've seen about 5 more jettas with the same problem so it must be a common thing. i was just wondering if it is an easy fix and if it can be done myself or if i need to bring it somewhere. and if anyone knows about how much it costs to fix it, that'd be great. thanks,

lockless in new hampshire

·
Registered
11 Posts
my golf had the same problem. in fact, both locks broke (somehow) and i ended up with the alarm set and no way to unarm the system. so i took some needlenose pliars, removed the lock cylinder, and turned a little bar in the back of the cylinder hole. i know that is sort of unrelated to your problem, but it is a tip that might prove helpful in the future...
I did get the locks fixed, though. Brought it to the VW dealer. They had to replace both lock cylinders, some seals, and some various parts back there. the price was around 80 dollars i think, for two locks. It was worth it for me rather than to spend my time and stress on trying to figure it out myself. they did it in a couple of hours, and they'll probably have the parts in stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts