VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
so i inherited my brothers car after he lost his licence, and now I am driving it and paying for it.Problem is...he never took care of the car,barely did oil changes,probably spent a long while without doing any,crashed it a bit,the front bumper is cracked and the headlight is cracked also. I've done like 5 repairs on it so far ( handbrake,engine belt,A/C compressor,Tensioner Pulley and the intake manifold was replaced at dealer) so I've been driving the car (6 speed manual) and i feel the shift are sloppy sometimes first speed has a bit of a hard time to really get in or 3rd sometimes and i have to like go back to neutral and then try again and then it would get in.
tomorrow i am going to my buddies garage to do oil change and to check the tranny fluid to see if that would be the problem,because also when its very cold (I live in Canada,Montreal) the tranny literally refuses to get on reverse, like their is no way at all it will go on reverse until i drive the car for a little bit, then it will collaborate so i am guessing the oil must be old and freezes or something.
so that was a little bit of background of my car, so it can place you in my shoes as to my question.

QUESTION: is my transmission gone bad or something ? am i going to have to get a 2-3K transmission job ? is it worth it ? I am thinking of installing a short shifter to maybe help,and a first gear getter would that help ?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts