VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone, It seems that I have bought a rather unpopular VW. Namely, the 2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. The car was the last one of its kind at the dealer, it was new. I really love the car and driving a diesel is great for my wallet. Here's the problem: I've been shopping online for accessories and such to personalize my new ride and was suprised to find that when you try to check if a part or accessory will fit my model and year, the Sportwagen is not listed most of the time. Even when it IS listed, it's called the Golf Sportwagen. I'm told that the Sportwagen is built off the Golf platform but that isn't much help when I want to know if the GTI honeycomb grille will directly replace the stock grill on my car. Can anyone enlighnen me on this? Is there another VW model whose exterior parts will interchange with the Jetta Sportwagen. I'd at least like to change out the grille but who knows, I may want some other aftermarket stuff as well.
I tried an online chat with a VW rep but I don't think she knew what I was talking about......Please Help :(.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have you found any answers about swapping parts?
I acquired a TDI S Sportwagen 2015 and like you, I love it. Only alteration I done is swapped wheels with my old GTI 2009 (ie 18 cookie cutters versus the stock 16").
I would think that identical year model would have compatible pieces since they all come from same platform. So as long as you stay within the same model year, you should be able to interchange parts, more or less.
Let us know.
Thanks,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts