VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys! I saw here one time that someone posted a Sub-woofer that goes on top of the tire in the back that allows the tire to stay in. I was looking for it here and I couldn't find it. Also, I was wondering if it will fit my 2003 Jetta Wagon. help!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
not sure but though it was only for golfs, i could be wrong and if im not im sure there is a way to retro fit it

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I was in my local tweeter store this weekend, and saw that the retail price for the JL stelthbox for the Golf/GTI is $599 USD. It looks like the same box as the jetta, and I would guess it would fit in the wagon, if your spare is hidden underneath the gray/black cloth in your trunk. but I would call and ask your local stereo shop. hope this helps

·
Registered
112 Posts
Stealth is nice, I guess, but for 600+ you can get something that will sound a whole lot nicer... Maybe something you can remove easily if you need the space?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whoah! $600??? I was thinking about putting it but that's too much money. You're right butang for that amount I can build my own and still have some cash left. Let's see what I can come up with. Any ideas for a design?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey; yeah I thought that price was ridiculous too (though I thought it was 800...but now that I remember that was the price the guy told me with a JL amp mated to it). Anyway, if you read the website I think they acknowledge the price but say you're paying for insane research and amazing sound...I believe it, I *love* JL sound quality, and I'm sure it's a great sub...but I wouldn't pay that much for it. I think you can get a local installer to make a custom fiberglass panel for you for much cheaper than that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with you. The JL Audio is a great brand of speakers and sub's. I actually work for the company that prints the back labels on the speakers and belive me QUALITY is their primary concern.

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: CMIND ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts