VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone would be willing to meet up and take me for a ride so I could feel some different suspension setups I would be very appreciative (I would even buy you a beer
). I live in Dover, NH (as you can tell from my info) which is around the seacoast area of NH (that narrows it down since we only have like 10 miles of coast). You can just contact me either through here or on aim. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
I'd be happy to give ya a ride if you are ever in the nj/nyc area.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I don't expect to be soon - if on an off chance I am in the NYC area I'll let you know before I head down. I do have a friend at Pratt but we'll see if I ever have the time to get down to visit him. Thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
RafCarrie,
I wanted to ask you a question about a 50% BOV and 50% Diverter valve type mechanism that someone told me you knew about. I wanted to know if it existed and where i could buy one. Thanks...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MotorsportJetta:
i'd be happy to give you a ride also. I live in Methuen, Massachuettes. Which happens to be right on the Salem, NH boarder.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What have you got for a suspension setup (and a year and engine for that matter)? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MotorsportJetta:
RafCarrie,
I wanted to ask you a question about a 50% BOV and 50% Diverter valve type mechanism that someone told me you knew about. I wanted to know if it existed and where i could buy one. Thanks...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a GFB hybrid. And its more like 90% DV 10% BOV at initial setting. I got it at www.newdimensions.com. It costs about $170 before shipping. As far as noise, if you have a cai, you'll hear a low flutter when low levels are released and the typical PSHHHHHHHHHHHT at high. Lemme know if you have any other questions.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I will let you know the next time I am home and I will meet you and take you for a ride. I live aout 45 minutes from Hampton Beach, and I'm assuming that's close to you...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
I will let you know the next time I am home and I will meet you and take you for a ride. I live aout 45 minutes from Hampton Beach, and I'm assuming that's close to you...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm about 25 minutes from Hampton I'd guess (maybe even closer but the times I've gone the traffic has been crazy so it's tough to estimate). So yeah - close enough. Thanks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've got the 99.5 with a 2.0 and the Eibach sport springs (same as the one's sold at the dealers) Drops things about an inch or so I guess. Stock struts and shocks. I wonder sometimes if I'm going to lose body panels with some of the stupid ass roads here in NJ. I hit a few potholes or crappy spots and it's a horrible "BAM" sound to the entire car. Sucks.

But on the flip side, smooth sections of the Parkway and Turnpike are absolutely awesome. Smooth off/on ramps are much nicer with less roll.

I'd let anyone who wanted to go for a terror trip ride along to see how it feels. That is if you can stand being seen in my ride, and if I've got the time to hit an impromptu GTG.

Missed this past Weds again, rolled past at 20:00, but I needed to get home. Hunger and a pitstop were top of the list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts