VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I said in the trading post section, I'm thinking of doing a Jolf conversaion this spring if I can find someone with a black Jetta who wants to trade front ends with me. I was just wondering how much work is involved in this conversion. Is it something someone who doens't know anything about body work can do?

Also, if anyone with a black Jetta MK4 is interested...let me know. (Is that a douple post...oops )

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
isn't it a JTI conversion b/c u do have a GTI and they will have a jetta.

i've seen these things down in half a day. as long as both people know what they are doing then it shouldn't take long.

·
Registered
23 Posts
...from what i know bolts right on......if volkswagen wanted to, they could just sale them like that.......jetta front on a golf back and golf front on jetta back....

[ October 28, 2003: Message edited by: pkgolf400 ]

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheBoraDJ:
I have a blue Jetta, id be down though<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I would LOVE to, but unfortunately we live on opposite coasts, and I don't have the money to get it painted right now...otherwise I would do it in a second. Sorry man...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pkgolf400:
...from what i know bolts right on......if volkswagen wanted to, they could just sale them like that.......jetta front on a golf back and golf front on jetta back....

[ October 28, 2003: Message edited by: pkgolf400 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wish they actually did that! i would take a jetta front end on my gti in a second. but right now i doubt i'll go through with the conversion.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:
[QB]isn't it a JTI conversion b/c u do have a GTI and they will have a jetta.
QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it matters.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:
isn't it a JTI conversion b/c u do have a GTI and they will have a jetta.

i've seen these things down in half a day. as long as both people know what they are doing then it shouldn't take long.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GETTA = Jetta with GTI/Golf front end
JTI = GTI with Jetta front end

And you are right Josh, It doesnt matter.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
So as I said in the trading post section, I'm thinking of doing a Jolf conversaion this spring if I can find someone with a black Jetta who wants to trade front ends with me. I was just wondering how much work is involved in this conversion. Is it something someone who doens't know anything about body work can do?

Also, if anyone with a black Jetta MK4 is interested...let me know. (Is that a douple post...oops )
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you gone here? It usually takes a while to find a swaper:
Getta/Jolf swap page

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Hamden, CT
1999 / Jetta GLS
Black - color code = L041
[email protected]
Front = Smoked E-Codes with Eyelids / Oettinger Grille w/black emblem / Grillecraft lower grilles / euro rub strip
Willing to travel - 50 Miles

·
Registered
267 Posts
quite a few black jettas on there... good luck with that!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Swap takes alot less then 1/2 a day...We did the mk3 on in about an hour working half-assedly. I know a kid in allentown with a black jetta who wanted to swap...but that might be to far for you

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
98a4 said:
half-assedly
I dont think thats a word Dakoda!!!! :lol: But the more I look at Jtis, the more I dont like them. It a really cool idea, but I think it makes the car look too long in front. I do like the jetta front end though. It looks mean. They didn't make Jettas in Satin Silver, so I won't be doing the swap anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts