VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey. i wrecked my baby (the jetta vr6) today and immediately purchased a MkII golf 4 door to hold me over until i can get something better.

i used adobe photoshop to show an artists rendition of what the car looks like (until i get some pics on here). i had to adjust for the color, the four doors, and the "z racing" 5 star hubcaps.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
LOL. can't wait to see it! as long as it gets your from point a to point b, that's all that counts right now.
jon

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
congrats man. yeah hope it doesnt look like that though. well, the color and the wheels and such.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
wow that looks so real, you must be some kind of graphic artist or something. j/k im glad to see you got your new dub. have fun

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had that MkII for about 2 hours and the engine seized up.....

so its getting a new engine and clutch in it now....

for the time being, i'm rocking out the ford focus rental car......

p.s. if you live in harrisburg/mechanicsburg, pa area and need a good garage, check out RED BARON VW in lemoyne. the guy know his stuff and gets the best prices on everything

·
Registered
349 Posts
red baron isn't bad for a crazy old german dude. but also check out my favorite vw shop, Baum's on bridge street in new cumberland. (example: i called the dealer for head bolts for my 16v, i needed ten. then told me $8.76 a piece. quick calculation = $87.60!! i got the complete set from Baum's for $21.20. all oem stuff too.) it does kinda suck though cause he's always backed up for at least a week.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yea im a loyal customer to Baums in new cumberland. he's been in the business forever and does a great job. its just hard to get an appointment sometimes b/c he's so well known as a great vw mechanic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts