VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know countless members on this forum hail Miltek, but I decided on Euro Sport..and I just wanna thank you all for your suggestions earlier on. It took maybe an hour to install and it sounds great. I didn't really get to see any power increase because of the wet roads, the tires just spun (South FL). But anyway just wanted to say that I'm satisfied with Euro, even though Miltek is probably bad ass..but thanks again guys. Any suggestions for a next upgrade?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klipse:
I Any suggestions for a next upgrade?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats the point, your not going to listen to us anyway
j/k

Awsome, I'm glad it worked out for you, what caused u to narrow it down between miltek and eurosport?

What are your current mods?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey I was thinking about that Eurosport exhaust myself. In comparison to the other exhausts i thought it sounded pretty good and i think it might have done the best in performance also. But the Milltek is talked about a lot on this site. Supposedly on a stock 150 hp gti it went up to 168. But anyway I was just wondering once its not rainy and wet how you think it performs. Make sure you let us all know, and also get some pics up.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Make sure you do a TBA (throttle body alignment) after you install your exhaust. Try disconnecting the battery for like 20 minutes, connect it back on then put your key to the on position for like 2 minutes. Do this when your engine is cold. Got any pictures?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GalacticVR6:
congrats on the purchase, atleast you didnt get somthing cheap and gay like tinabie or apc or somthing!!! your headed in the right direction! my next mod would be an intake..... or if you have a laptop buy a vag-com, they come in handy alot even tho its not really a mod...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea I was thinking about getting intake next. And sorry I'm not good with computers I don't have a scanner or anything like that but my friend took a bunch of pictures when he put the exhaust on..I'll ask him if he can get them on here. Hows Euro Sports intake? Quality? I know it goes for about $200.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I go with cold air?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've held out on the cold air intake, try a K&N and a Samco turbo intake pipe from Forge Motorsport. You will definitely feel a difference...then you can chip it, but then you'll need a better diverter valve, and a bigger downpipe, oh and a better intercooler and...well, you see where this is going right.$$$

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ivan:
I've held out on the cold air intake, try a K&N and a Samco turbo intake pipe from Forge Motorsport. You will definitely feel a difference...then you can chip it, but then you'll need a better diverter valve, and a bigger downpipe, oh and a better intercooler and...well, you see where this is going right.$$$
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your getting an intake, yes go CAI. Getting a p-flow style intake will cause you to loose power.
Samco TIP are nice, they make the turbo scream and give some good gains.
Chip should be up there on your list. Only part you "Need" after a chip, is an aftermarket DV/BOV/Hybrid. The chips are made to work with your stock DP/IC/Ect.

·
Registered
777 Posts
congrats on the purchase, atleast you didnt get somthing cheap and gay like tinabie or apc or somthing!!! your headed in the right direction! my next mod would be an intake..... or if you have a laptop buy a vag-com, they come in handy alot even tho its not really a mod...

·
Registered
777 Posts
if you got euro sport exhaust get euro sport CAI if they make one.... carbono/evo might be a little better but matching sets are cool too...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about AEM?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts