VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got it back cause my break lights were out, they fixed that and checked the 2nd gear grind. found nothing on in the transmission. well anyway, got in started driving and noticed there was white chalky stuff on the inside of the car. on both door handles and i was like, hmm and cleaned it off with my hand, when i stoped, i opend the trunk and there was the same white chalky stuff on the hatch side of the trunk on the plastic part like they were hualin shit around!! thats not the worst part! they put like 50+ miles on my car!! i have the odometer trip thing set when i change my oil so i know how many miles i have to go and it was reset and had 20 miles on that. then when i checked the miles, i realized i had alot more than when i brought it there, it seems rediculous but the put like 100 miles or more on it! what the hell should i do!!! im really pissed, why the hell were they drivin my car around!!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
From what i've been told, they have what mileage your car came in with, then when they are done, they recheck the milelage to make sure things like what you said happend. Ask to speak to a manager or something.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot jon, apriciate yoru help man..

·
Registered
844 Posts
Man, I've been in the same situation with my dealer. And after speaking with the service manager about 5 times telling him what my beef is, they got their act together real quick and just started lying to me about everything...."Oh yeah, we got that fixed, and we took real good care of it." And about 10 min. after I leave the dealer, I realize, my car now has more problems than when I brought it in!!!!! But, that's what I get for have to deal with the only dealer in a 300 mile radius.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Rich,

Call the dealership and regradless of the outcome call VWoA 1-800-DRIVEVW explain the situtation. This is bull...at my dealership the guys know I'm an anal freak and they know I want my cars in MINT when I get them back.

Best of luck, & post your results!!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, I agree with DB, thats crap. call and complain, It has worked for me, the service guy actualy called and appologised the next week, and I haven't had any trouble since. My complaint was that I had the car in to have some paint work done, and when I got it back there was a huge door ding ON THE DOOR THEY REPAINTED!! they tried to tell me it was pre-existing, but thats BS, because they had just painted that door. So I called VWoA and they came and picked the car up the next day and its now shiney as new. Anyway, good luck, and I hope you get better service in the future.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, im gonna call and then post my response. thanks!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after i thought about it, i think the chalky stuff is ok, when they replaced the bulbs, could there have been chalky stuff on there and then when the tougched stuff it go on it? so thats understandable bu im still gona check about the miles!?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Not to sound rude, but I wouldn't care if there was chalky stuff on the bulbs or not, they should still clean it up when they get done with it. See, I've discovered that my dealer doesn't get it.....I don't care how you treat me, what I care about is how you treat my car, and I'm begining to think they never will get it either!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same experience, but now my service manager just doesn't return my phone calls. What gets me is that calls to VW USA don't do anything. I poked around and found their corporate address and wrote a letter to the new head of VW USA, I am curious to see if that makes any difference.

They can't even get their act together to get a part shipped from another dealer, its been three weeks and about ten phone calls and for some reason they just can't make it happen.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
What's the issue with your car, let's start there...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts