VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got my car back after the ECU was replaced. I know I'll never go back to that mechanic!! All he kept saying when he was trying to figure out what the problem was "If this was a honda, it would be fixed already". I knew it was the ECU all along but you cant tell a "professional" what ya think, especially when your a girl.
Anyway...she has alot more pick up than she did before but she pulls back a little when I'm shifting, almost like a sputter and now my radio and automatic door locks don't work!!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
possibly check the fuses.. maybe during the removal and instalation on the new ecu the fuses for radio and door locks may have gone bad... jus a easy idea to check out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wont turn on at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
if your radio has anti theft it wont turn on unless you have the correct code. it happens everytime the battery is disconected. also make sure he put the correct ecu in they had different numbers.

[ December 02, 2003: Message edited by: 220hp8v ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 220hp8v:
if your radio has anti theft it wont turn on unless you have the correct code. it happens everytime the battery is disconected. also make sure he put the correct ecu in they had different numbers.

[ December 02, 2003: Message edited by: 220hp8v ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She said it isn't safe mode, i cant explain why it wont turn on tho

·
Registered
22 Posts
well you got me im stumped, hope you get it figured out, let us know the outcome so if i ever have that problem ill know what to do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts