VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd tell you guys that I just bought a 2001 GTI VR6. Couldn't pass it up Came through today in our shop at work. 27,000 miles 5 speed, Black.
I'll get some pics up on here when I take delivery of it. Don't know when yet. Have to talk to sales tomorrow.

Anything I should look out for with it??
I bought it for 500.00 over wholesale. Really means 500 over what we the dealer paid for it.

Do you think 16k is a fair price?
I think its a steal. They were going to sell it for 20k and its on Kelley Blue Book for 20k. Plus im putting down 2500.00

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
That is a steal. Most Jetta's around me with about 25k miles on it are going for 18-20. I would just make sure it drives OK and the body is in good condition. Also do a quick car fax report on it
jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Congratulations on your new Dub.
Since these are US prices I don't know if it is a good steal or not.

Any pics would be nice... will look for them in the showoff section.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
awesome man congrats.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:

Since these are US prices I don't know if it is a good steal or not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hay tf it's about $24,000 canadian. i personally think it is somewhat of a steal. when i was looking to buy a gti some dealer wanted $24,000 for a 99.5 gti vr6 with 50,000km on it(it's not that high but still not good enough for the price that was quoted)
plus one of my friends wanted to trade his 99.5 vr6 with 100,000k and the dealer offered $20,000.

i guess you can consider ur purchase a steal. good job and congratulations

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Another black GTI
AND it's a VR6
AND it's in CT

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
sounds great man. i think you got a good price. and DB, were you talking sarcasticly. isnt yours an 01? hehe, anyways rock on man! i cant wait to see pics in Showoff!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for the input.

One question, The VIN starts with 9bw. Is that Brazil?? Anyone know any sites that explains VIN numbers after 96. All I can find are sites that go up to either 94 or 96. I just need to know spots 1 through 11, and I know spot 10 is the year.

Im not trying to copy you DB. lol. Just couldn't pass this deal up.

I will hopefully will be taking pics by the weekend, I still have to strip my 95 jetta.

I might have a few things to sell. I'll let you all know

If you don't mind me asking DB, how much do you pay for insurance?? Roughly??

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A3VeeWee:
Thanks guys for the input.

One question, The VIN starts with 9bw. Is that Brazil?? Anyone know any sites that explains VIN numbers after 96. All I can find are sites that go up to either 94 or 96. I just need to know spots 1 through 11, and I know spot 10 is the year.

Im not trying to copy you DB. lol. Just couldn't pass this deal up.

I will hopefully will be taking pics by the weekend, I still have to strip my 95 jetta.

I might have a few things to sell. I'll let you all know

If you don't mind me asking DB, how much do you pay for insurance?? Roughly??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to http://www.carfax.com enter your VIN and it will tell you were it was made for free.

P.S. The more black gti (dubs for that matter) the better in my book!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts