VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a number of Type Is over the years in my military service. Made a great work/2nd car. I could sell when leaving a post and rebuy for a few hundred and go on. Now, retired some 30 years, I got the Bug Bite again. I've picked up a swell 1975 Super Beetle in such good condition I can't believe the price but glad. Now...I'm a carburetor and distributor kinda guy and this is FI. Of course, I have in mind a number of things to make it "Mine".. such as new Carb Engine and just have an all-new for a starting point. There are a couple of air-cooled shops nearby so I'm not worried I don't currently have a garage. I would like some suggestions from up-to-date enthusiasts. I'm thinking 1776 on a Todd Francis block, alternator, A/C. Not "hot" just strong and reliable. With whole-engine concept, is this an easy swap? Does anyone make a serpentine system for AC inclusion? Who are most respected engine builders for good work and reasonable labor? I don't mind having it done out of Florida and shipping provided they have good ratings and reputation. Then, have the install done here. I would like someone who isnt pecky-wecky about my parts selecting unless there is a technical reason I'm wrong. [Beleive me I'm rusty! lol] So...Pro or Con..I invite your knowledgable and helpful View attachment 16574 responses. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts