VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol I just saw them. For 500 with the tires but they aren't that great anymore. Need new ones. Could prolly talk em down. Think they'd look lame on my new silver gti??

They are an 18x7.5. Think the for would be close? And how far could I space em out in the rear? Lol.
Prolly won't even buy em.

·
4,054 Posts
They remind me of bbs rc's. Throw some 10mm spacers up front and 20mm in the rear and you'd be golden

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you buy them just put them on, then just measure from wheel to fender.
yeah, not sure if i should just save my money tho, and spend it towards a better set of wheels.
theres a set of varrstoen ES1's for 750. could prolly get em for less but they is 18x9.5 dont want to have to work hard to make em fit, and this is a daily driver.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
well it depends if you want stretch and poke or not. if you arent guna stretch and poke, i dont see the point in getting fat wheels especially if you dont need the traction.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it depends if you want stretch and poke or not. if you arent guna stretch and poke, i dont see the point in getting fat wheels especially if you dont need the traction.
Im so torn over wheels. cant find anything that really stands out that I would like on my car.

I never really liked stretching until lately. not sure Id want to do it.

·
4,054 Posts
Just wait till you see something you really like. Waiting always pays off.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
buy nice or buy twice.

your better off waiting until your able to buy your dream set of wheels.

as far as stretch. theres nothing wrong with it. ive stretched tires for years. i dailied on stretch.. i dailied on super stretch. NEVER had a flat, a blow out, a bubble, a bead unseat, nothing. ive raced with stretched tires. again no issues. thats including multiple sets of wheels, (see my build thread im the resident wheel whore of vwforum) and multiple tire sizes / brands.

btw.. if you do buy wheels that need work / refinishing.. be sure to get in touch with me. (if im not on for some reason miller / rodgertherabit can get you my phone # as well). i refinish wheels. i can fix rash, bends (to some degree some bends are just to far gone), polishing, powder coat, paint, chrome plating, gold plating (24k), i can source parts / pieces / halves, rash repair, literally i can do it all.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Buy my BBS RSIIs. Seriously you can get them for the price of mint CHs or RCs and mine are Mint, 2pc, have EVERYTHING, and are freshly refinished/polished.

Its mind boggling people wont buy em.
im still suprised too. i would buy these real quick if i had any money i could spend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts