VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a K&N airfilter for my 2002 GTI VR6. I vaguely remember having seen something somewhere about the need to disconnect the battery for +/- 15 minutes to ensure the car electronics reset and recognize the new filter???? Anyone out there who knows something about this?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i didnt do that with mine, im not sure though. but im dont see why you would need to.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Maybe someone tried to clear the Check Engine Light that was set off by the MAF reading. I wouldn't worry about it though if no check lights came on.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
That was prob. me. My CAI made my CEL come on because it was still cold out and it doesn't like the cold

jon

·
Registered
380 Posts
is the K&N just a drop in filter for the regular airbox or is it a cone shaped one. Many people have these on their cars and what is the reason? Better airflow? Better sound?
emir

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
well it gives better airflow which increases hp and there is a slight change in sound. youll notice it more with the swiss cheese though. the K&N drop in is just a panel filter. if you open your airbox you just take out the old one and put a beed of oil around the seal and pop the old one in. and your done.
rich

·
Registered
380 Posts
oh ok i c. so what exactly is the swiss cheese? i take it those are holes drilled into the airbox? is there a tutorial on how to do this?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
koolvr6, where in Texas are you from? I have heard only good things about the K&N Panel, and I have heard quite a few gripes about the CAI's, so I think you made a good choice.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RoLLinVDub:
oh ok i c. so what exactly is the swiss cheese? i take it those are holes drilled into the airbox? is there a tutorial on how to do this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

here you go rollin... swiss cheese diy LINK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts