VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm sure that this question has come up before, but I've only had my GTI for 2 weeks, so please forgive me if it's a repeat. I just installed my K&N filter, and I've read at various sites that it's a good idea to reset the CPU in order to take full advantage of the improvement. What do you all think? Reset the CPU, or just drive on? Thanks.

Yay. Now I have a mod. Okay, so it's an air filter. Give me time.

Remember, a driven dub is a happy dub.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you could do that, the system updates every 50 miles though, you could just drive it and the computer will deal with the new airflow stats on its own, just a k&n filter doesnt provide enough of a power improvment to tell the difference by reseting the computer.

In fact on my 2002 gti i didnt notice any improvment at all with a k&n drop in, but its nice not to have to buy a new filter every 3000 miles!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1fstgti:

In fact on my 2002 gti i didnt notice any improvment at all with a k&n drop in, but its nice not to have to buy a new filter every 3000 miles!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3000 miles?

·
Registered
273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
3000 miles?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wait...34k miles/ 3000 miles = 11 air filters that i should have had by now??
i'm also confused[/LIST]

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i htink he forgot an extra 0 in there. and with K&N you only need to clean them. which i gotta do like a month ago! haha. yes yes, i am a slacker!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts