VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone on the forum put a kenwood keg digital music storage device on a GTI with a monsoon system in it? It seems like a good idea for my car, but want to know if it's possible to use with the VW stereo. Any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
174 Posts
look at the Phat Box topic I posted; it appears to be the same as the Kenwood music keg, just badged as VW and works with the stock head unit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked out the post, and they are the same lookin. I just wanted to know if the Keg will interface with the monsoon without any trouble...thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
no it won't* It has to be hooked up specifically to a kenwood changer controlling headunit. you could hook it up w/ peripheal interface pieces, but you wouldn't not be able to go between folders and tracks...so wouldn't be a great idea*

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yeah in order to use the Kenwood unit on your car you would have to use the FM Mod controller unit they sell extra and then you would be using it through your antennae. If you are sticking with your factory radio....go with the PHAT BOX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts