VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most on the time im very easy on my jetta, but when I am driving it really hard and i acelerate hard theres an intial knocking sound at the beigning of first gear, then when i go into second and sometimes when i shift to third. This is when im shifting hard, im wondering what this is. Ive gotten a few sugestions that maby its wheel hop but im not sure. Its making a sound that sounds like someone was under the car knocking on the frame. dose anyone have any idea what this could be? i would aprciate it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im starting to think it is tire hop... which is better than anything in the drive line being messed up

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
how many miles you got on it?? this was happening to my civic when i had it. i think it was from all the wear on the engine. if so try oil for high milage engines. just a thought

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres 97 thou on it, but im like 100% sure thats not the problem... but i think me and my buddys figured it out, its gotta just be tire hop... which isnt good to begin with haha but its better than something broken. plus after springs, shocks and new tire/wheels itll hopefully be mostly elminated. but thanks anyhow

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I had that happen to me once or twice (only on drive pavement). It was tire hop.
After I got my bigger and wider rims and tires it never happened again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts