VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out. On sunday I'm wiping my seats and BOOM! I see this... 2200 miles and my seat (driver side) is starting to discolor. Imagine my real expression. So I ventured myself to the dealer yesterday and I talked to the Service Rep. He looked at it and he said NO PROB! We'll change it for you. Now that made me wonder... If he didn't put up ANY fight at all.. Is it a known problem? Has this happened to any of you? If not check your seats, just in case.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
yeah, my black seats were not taken care of by the future owner(s). My seats are hard, sortof gray, but I wouldnt say they were gray. What did the guy do to your seats to make them un-fade? Let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
mine sem to be fine, but ill be checkin them more closeley now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
yeah, my black seats were not taken care of by the future owner(s). My seats are hard, sortof gray, but I wouldnt say they were gray. What did the guy do to your seats to make them un-fade? Let me know. thanks.
He checked it out and he said he was going to order a brand new one from the factory. No questions. NO complaints. He took the color code and my phone to call me when it arrived. That's what worried me in thinking that they might know that there is a problem with those seats and they've said nothing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! I'm glad you don't have to worry about that. Mine are the grey color.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Aren't you still under warranty? I have had my passenger cloth seat replaced when the stitching came loose with no qestions. I don't think it is an issue, its just something that they don't mind replacing. Plus, some dealers are just cool that way. Mine hasn't refused to fix anything so far...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point there fli gti. Maybe I'm just being TOO cautious. Well, I love my ride and I want it to stay as AWESOME as the first day I got it.
Stebe I agree with you. A friend of mine has a 2001 Jetta VR6 and his seats have some wear on them. It doesn't look bad, but not as good the way mine look., so I'm kinda preparing myself for what's coming.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's always a big challenge to keep the leather looking like the day you got it. After waiting a rediculous amount of time for delivery of my car last year, it finally arrived but without the leather!!!. I WAS LIVID. They ended up doing a custom job (and I got a bunch of extras thrown in) but wasn't happy cuz it wasn't factory (but it had the exact same design as the new GLI at the time). 7 Months later I'm really thankful for the screw up.. Comparing mine to some of the other guys who got theirs at the exact same time look terrible (or at least in my eyes). So, i guess this doesn;t help anyone out, but just wanted to let you guys know the story. The VW leather is really nice at the onset but i don't think it wears very well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts