VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the mark 4 the one, that when you left foot brake.. the car over rides it and says you cant have left foot on brake.. I plan to rally cross it, and left foot braking, with a slight lift off the gas.. Induces over steer, very valuable for a fwd car to turn in on gravel.Essentially, you use the back to steer, and the front to pull.Using both ends independently.. i can do this in my wrx, and in my old nissan, but can i do it in my golf.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Never had an issue with this when launching.
Car does not cut power to motor when pedal brakes are applied. The car will gladly over power the brakes and start to pull forward.

It only does this with the e-brake, maybe this is what mixed you up?
When using the e-brake it will cut the power to the motor. I THINK it's only while TCS is on, but I could be wrong. I'm PRETTY sure it does then still, but it's been a while.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will turn the tcs off, if it has it. It is a GLS model golf. I dont think it has it, i got almost stuck in some slick mud on the guys farm.. The fronts are almost smooth, typical fwd car.. the rears are great. Gonna rotate them soon, a guy has some leads on land, gonna ask about land use, if he says yes we can do it ... I am gonna take her out and run her good, to see what is up.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it does not have abs i think either, i hit the mud going pretty good, and when i hit the brakes to turn to where the trailer was sitting.. i almost could not stop. then i turned the wheel and accelerated, and almost could not move. It may have it, i have not really done much in it as far as mud goes.. The season is over, so not many oppurtunities to go out and drive her.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
A lot of people who track their car remove the fuse for the abs since the abs system in these cars is very slow and hesitates which will give you unresponsive breaking and mess you up.

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
Rally cross?

you may want to think about Pulling the entire ABS setup, get a MK3 manual booster and willwood master cylinder, and doing a manual sterring rack and pulling the power steering out al to reduce weight and make the car more predictible.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not sure it has abs, or if it does.. it works poorly in mud. i got in mud, and hit the brakes... adn it did not stop for crap. also, the fronts are smooth tires. no tread.we will know soon enough when we go play with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts