VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my little sister has gotten her first car a 02 Jetta 2.0L Sedan (Can't remember if its a GL or GLS) with ~132,000 miles but its so low to the ground that the bumper scrapes hard and has in fact been partially ripped off on our driveways curb.

So I am looking to lift the car a little bit nothing much only 2-3 inches at most, enough to clear the bulk of the curbs in our area.

The Questions:
Am I looking at custom springs or large spacers to do this?
Are there any brands that you guys would recommend?

On a another matter would doing this allow her to fit a 225/75R16 tire with no rubbing at full lock?

Thanks for anything you can give me, I know Ford trucks but I am new to VW so I not sure just what to expect.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,447 Posts
Metalnerd.com sell the lift kit. I would do a 205/60-16 tire. To tall is just going to kill the trans and make the engine struggle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Metalnerd.com sell the lift kit. I would do a 205/60-16 tire. To tall is just going to kill the trans and make the engine struggle.
I ran across them in my first wave of google searching but the lift is too small and the fact they require me to send in a written wavier sounds too much like a scam.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,447 Posts
Not a scam the guy is local to me. He sponsors alot of show for us. He makes the products in house. You won't get much more lift out of these cars. Pair up his lift kit with some wagon springs .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a scam the guy is local to me. He sponsors alot of show for us. He makes the products in house. You won't get much more lift out of these cars. Pair up his lift kit with some wagon springs .
I'll look into then but until then I'm open for any other ideas.

·
Super Moderator
4,066 Posts
ECS Tuning sells a kit of lift springs that lift around 2" I think

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
buy coilovers and raise them all the way up so when she grows up a little she can slam it to her discretion :K:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
i can only imagine the destruction that would happen with this same thread on vortex. i dont know if you can go much higher than 2" on these cars. VW does make taller springs (the same thing miller mentioned on ecs)

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,447 Posts
Yeah 2in. Plus extra inch of tire. You could probably drive up onto half the cars on vortex.

·
Super Moderator
4,066 Posts
^Local guy has one of those. It's nice to see at the local shows I get to throughout the year. Always makes me want one.

Dean always made me laugh with this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the responses guys we will likely be doing the ECS spring route and have a local shop make a spacer to boot just to avoid all the extra paperwork. I just wish the curbs in my area weren't so freaking high and aggressive its not uncommon to see undercarriage damage on most cars around here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts