VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
id like to change my interior lighting to a red color. how hard is it to take out the gauges and change the lighting and what do i do to make this work? thanks any help is apreciated.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Derek, I told u what to buy! we can do this whenever you want just go buy the tailight repair tape. You know how easy it is, u wanted me to it the first time lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yea read that post, the lighting behind the gauges is a thing strip of green which needs to be changed to a red one, the lighting behind the temp controls..read the post about that, about my 97 2.0, and the other ones i'm not sure of

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Like i posted, I did it last night. It looks awsome, now we just need to do the temp control fiberoptics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey, for the temp control, all you need is a red plastic to replace the green one that is around the bulb. I am also doing the same thing in my car and i was wondering if you could tell me everything you did so far to make all the lights red.?

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just go to your local car place, and pick up some brake light repair tape, works like a charm

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey can whoever did this red lighting thing explain to me how they did all the lighting cuz i really need some help, thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
it's gonna take a lot, i did it in my friend's and it wanst easy, the headlight switch backlighting and the shifter lighting were particularly pains in the ass, i'm still working on the moonroof controls and everything else wasnt that bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts