VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I start my car the engine seems to be working on 3 cylinders... but after I press the gas pedal 2 or 3 times it starts working fine.
Normaly this happens when I drive a litle harder when going for work after lanch an then start the car at the end of the working day.
My car has an early 1.8 16v KR with k-jet (without lambda, O2 or knocking sensor)

Any ideas

thanks in advance
Felix Simoes

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Felix:
Sometimes when I start my car the engine seems to be working on 3 cylinders... but after I press the gas pedal 2 or 3 times it starts working fine.
Normaly this happens when I drive a litle harder when going for work after lanch an then start the car at the end of the working day.
My car has an early 1.8 16v KR with k-jet (without lambda, O2 or knocking sensor)

Any ideas

thanks in advance
Felix Simoes
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dirty fuel injector usually. As you rev it, the flowplate moves up, giving the injector more fuel and forcing it to open. My girlfriends car does the same thing... I just haven't fixed it yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts