VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soon as i sell my car im going for a mk2gti and was just lookin for some good ideas besides basic parts.. but egine,and body styling ideas would be a help.i think i mostly want to go with fk for most of the bod work.Now the front end im debating about. to make it rally or single rounds bagdless. and prob end up doing a 2.0x flow swap with all the bolt on goodies... so feel free to drop any kind of ideas or probs u faced that i can advoid the most probs as possible when building her keep in mind ill have 5,ooo ish to play with...

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
g/l with that colin, there are so many possiblities for those cars its amazing. looking forwad to seeing what happens in the future

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Crystal Clear Single Rounds
Badgeless
Big Bumpers/Doors
G60 Arches
16x9 wheels
TT Exhaust
TT Dual DP
Mk3 Dash/Interior

TT Has a complete How To on their website. It's a fairly straight forward swap. Try to buy a 90-92GTI , the wiring is easier i belive. Also OBDII xFlow's do not clear the hood due to the T-Body. You can mount it upside down, or trim some support from the underside of the hood.

Where the hell did u get 5k?

·
Registered
8 Posts
sounds nice, man, I wish I had $5K to put in my car

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
either motor will fit but there is slight trimming like what i had to do with my car...rally would be hot but its so damn expensive...i would like to see somethin differnt though around here....u know who to come to man...later

·
Registered
96 Posts
you could try the badgeless grille with a pair of smoked headlights with the cross hairs with the eyelids and a big rs bumper that just came out for that body if you dont know what im talking about think s4 bumper with the vents on the side. you can also pull the fenders for the wide body look or you can use corrado arches.

·
Registered
526 Posts
mk3 dash is going to suck becauyse you would be able to roll the windows down if you not put power windows in. and if you go turbo later on that 150 bucks for the tt dp isnt worth it cuz you wont be able to use it. corrado dash would be more in your ballpark and if you putting a motor in id go bigger

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Single rounds
Factory badged grille
standard H4s
Small euro bumpers
16v chin spoiler
15x8s
g60 arches
big window doors
2L 16v on throttle bodies

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
the first thing i would do is suspension. all the other stuff after that. get it sitting and handling right then go from there. but get euro smalls or the us smalls. I think they look better then the bigs. other then that there's alot of possibilities

1 - 9 of 9 Posts