VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so yesterday i got in my 1998 jetta GL and i put my parking brake down well when i did that my parking brake light was still lite but it was dim...then my a/c didn't work. ok so then i got out of my car and didn't drive for like 2 hours and when i got back in it everything was fine until my headlights flicked on and off like twice. then it all stopped! so that was all yesterday and then this morning i turned on my car and put down my parking brake and this weird buzzing sound started by the light switch to the right of the steering wheel and my head lights and my parking brake light was dim again but then i just kept driving and it all stopped and my lights came on and everything...what the heck is going on any ideas??? ok sorry about the novel!! thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
sorry to hear about the problems,

I think you should have the car run thru a dianostic machine, and the machine will tell exactly what is wrong under the hood.
Your local VW dealer will do this for you, for about $60. it is worth it. And when they tell you what the problem is, you can take it to your mechanic to do the work for a lot less.

·
Registered
158 Posts
you definetly have some electrical problems going on, take the car back to were you got it from. and make them fix it. thats a bad bad jetta. i hope everything works out for you

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think it might just be something wrong with your parking brake. When you apply your parking brake the headlights turn off. So maybe your break isn't releasing completely. That would cause your lights to flicker, but I'm not sure about the buzzer!

or the A/C problem!

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: TailpipeSmokeshow ]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks guys i'll inform you what it is when i have my mechanic/my dad look at it! sweet!?! ok peace out!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh i'm not sweating it i just don't want to have to drive home in the dark w/ out headlights or something! so i figured i might as well get it fixed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's so funny b/c that's what my dad said when i told him b/c my defroster button wouldn't stay on and then all of a sudden it started to stay on it was crazy so i really think there is a ghost in my car! no not really

1 - 11 of 11 Posts