VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to put this post, so move it if it is not in the proper forum.

So who in the central PA area does custom exhausts? I am looking to have some custom work done welding in one of these dump tubes. I already have an ATP 3" downpipe & Highflow cat. I will probably be adding into this a McCord Power Plate. Wu knows what this is.

I would like to find someone in the area that has a mandrel pipe bender, as I will not put a crush bent exhaust on my car. I don't think it would be difficult to fabricate up a catback that would fit in a 4motion rear valence.

So whos does good work and has a mandrel pipe bender?

[ May 27, 2003: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TNP96vw:
hey i know that Miles Muffler does custom exhaust work. they are located on market street in york.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do they have a mandrel pipe bender? This is very important to me.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
Now how big of a pipe do you want bent?
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3" the whole way back.

Brian, thanks for the referral on Sledzinski Performance, I will call them tomorrow and probably stop over for lunch to chat and get an idea what this is gonna cost me.

The electronic dump tube is gonna be sweet. If I get this done, and add the 100 octane chip setting, I will be in the 13's this year if I can drive it right.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
IC, I'm sure it can be done but when i was getting the exhaust put onto my GTI someone came in wanting to put 3" back and they said that they can't do it. Not sure if it's just the equipment that they have or what. They just said the largest they would do was 2.5"
oh-well, hope you find someone!! Sounds like a sick project going!
jon

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
damn matt, you have one hell of a sleeper-if you didnt see his jetta at I.W., it looks pretty much like a stock wolfsburg ed. jetta...but IT'S NOT!!! haha, very nice. I hope Bret @ Sledzinski Performance can help you out. I know he does lots of custom jobs, and I know he has a pipe bender. Like I said, highly recommended. If I ever have exhaust problems/needs, I will def goto him. best.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
back when i had my 92 golf i had them make me a 2 1/4" custom bent piping to fit the golf and they welded my muffler on and welded the piping to the cat. if i remember correctly the final price was around 200.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Sledzinski Performance in Mechanicsburg did my exhaust (bent pipe & re-attached hangers so exhaust hung higher and the tips stuck out of the 4-motion rear valance). He does really nice work. and for a decent price too. Bret @ 691-1007. he mostly does stainless exhaust. Best in the area I was told.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts