VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2002 VW Jetta 1.8T and it needs a new MAP sensor (P0106 and p0238 codes).

Where is the MAP sensor? I've read this post: Volkswagen Jetta Forum - where is the map sensor located on a jetta - CarGurus

...but I still can't see where it is (mainly because I don't know where it is, and I don't speak mechanic - "intake duct between charge air cooler and intake manifold" is klingon to me).

Of the three photos, which one is it in, and could you either circle the general area and describe it in non-jargon terms?

Thanks,
CH

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Actually won't find it in any of those pictures. Nearest one is the third picture - if you follow the big hose that comes off the left hand side of the intake manifold it leads downward to the side mounted intercooler. The MAP sensor is bolted onto the inner side of the intercooler. You have to unscrew the inner wheel well cover on that side and remove the front fender to get in there to the intercooler area. You can take the front wheel off or turn it full one way to get better access. The intercooler sits on the side of the car and fits between the turbocharger (mounted on the back of the engine) and the intake manifold. I'm sure there's a diy somewhere - probably a DIY for changing boost hoses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts