VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
My sunroof motor cover is like a tan/orange plaid as well as my rear deck lid whatever it's called on a hatchback.
Wish the whole headliner was done.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
I would just like to mention that those cans of "vinyl paint" or whatever at any auto parts store.... That shit is crazy amazing.
I'm about to do my whole interior with it, it looks completely oem and dries quickly, durable.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Our roof liner is shot , so staple gun maybe. this is a low budget rally car, so looks only need to go so far. our last rally cross car, had no interior at all.But vinyl coating paint you say, i will need to give this stuff a shot too.

·
Registered
594 Posts
No. This stuff.

works GREAT.

just finished an interior black conversion using this stuff for the headliner / pillars / carpet and other plastic interior parts. holding up well but when applied on plastic panels it is a little darker than the stock OE black plastic. (or that may just be sun fade on the dash..... I can just armour all the dash though and it should match up decently.) When spraying the carpet it looks OEM.

just clean everything very well prior to applying it. I used soap & water, then wiped everything down with acetone. 3-4 VERY thin coats (I call it "dusting" the part) ensures good adhesion.

PSSST - FFS don't do anything in plaid plz.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I did mine in yellow on my last jetta. Used a yellow microfiber type material. Didn't have it long enough after that to see how well it held up. I used the 3m super 90 spray.

Just redid my current jetta with a black microfiber and it looks better than a sagging tan headliner, but it did not have enough stretch so it has some creases in a couple of curves. Don't have pics of it up yet.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Is that a flocked dash I see???
hellllllllll no. that's suicide for me. my husky's hair would stick all over a flocked dash. the dash is original, the kick panels / glove box / centre consoles are painted with the vinyl stuff - so you can compare the difference.

when I armour-all the dash it matches up decently.

I've always wanted to do a darker / subtle digital camo (black/white/grey). So that's where my vote would go to if you're gonna re do it.

:sniper:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts