VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car won't start! Have battery power, solinoid is clicking but no crank. 85% sure it's the starter but my wife told me earlier that it had no battery power at all when she tried to start it. It's too dark outside to mess with it tonight, but I thought that I would put this out there to get some ideas just in case it's not the starter. Thanks, Ja

·
Registered
16 Posts
it's that time again. Getting Cold, Possibly the battery doesnt have enough cold cranking power. Take a multi meter to it to make sure you getting at least 12v. if you a lil less take it somewhere to get it tested.

If when you start it tomorrow and it cranks clicks a bit then next time it doesn't or dies done. I'm guessing it would be the battery.

but... you never know

good luck

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'm sort of having the same problem and narrowed it down the the alternator. was only pushing 20amps out if that.
jon

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took my starter out, had it tested and it worked fine. Cleaned all the connections. put it back in and grrrrrrrr...vroom! I'm good. Must have just been loose or dirty connection some where. Cheap fix, I LOVE IT!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts