VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't own a VW to start off with and there isn't a dealer that is really near me so this was the next best place I could think to come to since I haven't been able to find this information at all.

Looking for some measurements of some 09-11/12 seats (the ones without the padded section in the back center). I am planning on fitting them to my Colorado and need the measurements to make sure they will fit.

Need the length, width and height of the front buckets, the back lower seat section as well as the upper seat section.

Don't need any crazy measurements, just the seats width at the widest point (I know the back lower seat is wider than the upper section)

Is there anyone out there that could help me out with these measurements? I appreciate any help that I can get...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And, if anyone is actually curious, here is why I am doing this research...

I have a blue Colorado Xtreme and rather than dropping it and throwing just any aftermarket wheel on this thing, I wanted to do something different than what you normally see in the minitruck scene.

So I started to search around the internet. I have always loved VWs and Subarus and after a ton of searching, I decided to attempt to incorporate a bit of that scene into my build (low, wide and flush) along with keeping some of that classic minitruck style...

Of course I dropped it and found a set of BBS rims that came off a Toyota Tundra that I had never seen, plus they have a decent amount of lip on them.

After dialing in the suspension, I fit the wheels to the truck and began reworking the fenders and bedsides to make it as flush as possible, give the truck some curves and still be able to cruise with a nice, smooth and comfortable ride.

Now, I am moving onto the interior. I have loved the CC's interior since I have seen it. If I were to recover the seats, I would probably mimic them but I have a line on some at a great deal. Figured this would go well with the setup I am running...

And just to give you guys something to love or hate on, either is fine, here are some photos..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts