VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta 89 gli, and My wing is faded. what can I do about it? Can I get a new one, or do I paint???? help a bro out....

·
Registered
499 Posts
remove and paint...you'll probably have to touch up the mounting locations underneath as well. Might as well do them while it's off, hopefully they aren't too rusty!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ya'll, that seems like a smart and cost effective way to do it. you guys must know me, I's a poor man!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i read something a whiles back about someone repeatedly dumping some back to black crap on their faded bumpers and baking them under a heat lamp. basically baking in the shine i suppose. dont know if this works. but if you're taking it off and have alot of heat lamps why not try it since you will be sanding it off anywho.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elguapo:
thanks ya'll, that seems like a smart and cost effective way to do it. you guys must know me, I's a poor man!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea u speak for alot of us lol

·
Registered
573 Posts
Is this the factory MK2 wing, or an aftermarket? If it's the factory, you might be able to use a black finish used for bumpers and trim, like Forever Black or something similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts