VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally came to the conclusion I will keep my GTi and try to make a nice car out of it. Just wondering what the best horsepower for the money route is. Build up the 16v? Swap in a G60? Swap in a VR6? 1.8T is out of the question. If I could run low 15s in the 1/4 mile, I will be happy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
the 1.8t swap is the best as far as horsepower. after you do that swap if you put an intake, exhaust, chip, and bov, you are at about 250 hp at the wheels. why is the 1.8t out of the question? the vr6 is way to heavy for the mk2 and totally screws up the weight ratios. if all your running is the quarter mile then go with a vr6. but if you still want the handling go with a 1.8t or even a g60. both put out decent hp for a mk2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just figured a 1.8 t would be way to expensive. But you know I'm thinking a G60 8 valve or if I can get a G60 on my 16v would be great. I dunno though, with the money this shit will take I might be better off making payments on a new one. Altough insurance is always cheaper on the used vehicle. Kinda in a pickle.

·
Registered
349 Posts
ok heres what ive gotten out of my research. you can get a 20v complete for about 3800. you can get a vr complete for about 3500. with a g60 you've got to be very very careful about blowing the charger. i have about 5 friends with g60 corrados and 3 of them have blown chargers. there is a guy at the shop i frequent, creative car-tunes, that is going to be pushing over 400 hp out of that motor. yes it is built but he really hasnt put too much into it. personally i think either the 20v or the 16v are the best two ways to go. just my opinion though

·
Registered
202 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
i have about 5 friends with g60 corrados and 3 of them have blown chargers.
You gotta get em checked over every 45k, then they'll be fine...problem is that usually runs about $6-700...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts