VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 15 in steelies and 195/60 tires currently on my car :y: I just bought last night a set of wheels and tires for $80. They are 16 inch 5 spoke wheels off of an 06 VW with 205/55 tires. My bolt pattern is 5x100 and the 5 spoke are 5x112 I believe... I dont know the offset, but the 5 spoke wheel sit about a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch closer to my strut.. if that helps... I was putting the rim up on the hub just to see how they would fit... I plan on buying a set of 1 inch wheel spacers/adapters. Is that going to be enough?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
idk. when you line them up, see how much space you have between the edge of the wheel well and the tire. if the tire is sticking out past the outermost edge of the wheel well, you could run into problems/look stupid.

as long as the tire/wheel isnt rubbing on the strut, youll be ok for the inside piece.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your tires are almost identical in overall height, offset is probably very similar but the wheels are wider for the 205mm tread. I would be careful with how thick you go with your adaptor, and I would measure the back spacing on both wheels, subtract the difference and then you have your spacer/adaptor thickness. if the total wheel/tire combo is physically wider than the original setup, then i would take that into consideration too, as too much spacer could put the sidewall rubbing on the corner of your bumper or inner valance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts