VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a tweeter in the rear door get loose and rattle a bit? I think that's what the sound coming from behind me is but I'm not 100% sure. I asked them to check it out last time I had my car in for service but they said they couldn't reproduce the sound (even though I heard it on the way home after I picked my car up). I'm almost positive it's at least coming from the rear door area. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
Is it possible? Yes. Well one way to check is have someone sit in the back while you are driving and listen to the radio.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if I play music that has some bass softly it will vibrate it a little so and if I put my hand on the tweeter and apply a bit of pressure it stops. But it may just be because I'm pressing on the door itself so I'm not so sure...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had a similar problem and I found that when I took out the parcel shelf the rattling stoped, but also have a look at the plastic moulding the parcel shelf sits on in your boot as there is a little clamp like clip that holds the moulding to the carpet lining which may be loose. I'm not to sure on the set up of the 2 door but I imagine it is similar to the 4 door. I strongley doubt it is the actual tweeter as this (in my car) is cuped in carved foam piece which even if it was loose you would hardly be able to here it. best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts