VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i wake up and get into my car around 6:30 this morning to go to work, As soon as i get in i see this:

the tool they used

And what's left of my back window

All they took was my amp and speaker. The total value of it was less then $200. It's not even like it's a nice system, or even in view. The guy in the row infront of me has two ten's and a amp in plain view in the back of his camero but wasn't touched. I'm so pissed right now. I've had nothing but bad luck with this car in the past year. I would trade it in so quickly if i wouldn't lose out on the trade. of course i would get another german car.
jon
damn car thieves

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
wow jon. that totally sucks ass. I feel for you bro. I hope you get it all fixed up soon. will you have to pay any $$, or does your insurance cover it? well, good luck anyways. f*** the thieves!!!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
dude that pisses me off jus seeing that, i hate how people feel the need to steal shit. i have had my last car broken into twice and no the feeling of seeing ur car with a window smashed out... hope everything works out ok for. chris

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Fuckers!!! What a bunch of low life's...I feel your pain Jon I've been down this road. Sometimes you stop and think is having an ill car really worth the trouble?

I was speaking with Thomas last night and he has some vandles too. They broke his RS badge on his grill. People make me M A D!!!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Dude, that does suck!! Did your alarm go off? Sorry to hear about that.. Does the Camaro look like aPOS?? If so, thats probably why they hit your car, yours just looks like it has better stuff in it. If its any consolation, they were probably dissapointed once they did all the work. I had my nissan broken into twice...stupid idiots couldn't get the stereo out the second time cause I ran a cable lock thru the body...

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The alarm did not go off. Since they didn't open any doors it wasn't activated. does anyone know of any good alarms that work well with VW's?
jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
You have got to be FUCKING kidding me? !!!!

Jon, you know how I feel right now... that is just plain STUPID.

My younger brother is pressuring me into getting just a 10" woofer... but I will be strong and NO ! No systems in my car. I have a hard time to sleep thinking my body kit will be on when I wake up.

I am sure your insurance will cover it but you might have to pay a deductable.

As per a car alaram... get one with ultrasound. It will detect even the slightest difference in pressure inside your car. Even if you have tinted windows, which makes the sound of braking glass really disappear.

What pisses me of is the FACT that VW doesn't put it standard into our STOCK alarm. I know in Germany Ultrasound ( UltraSchall ) is on stock or at least available as an option.

What pisses me off even further... you were supposed to listen to the music you got last night on your way to work this morning.

Here is the more painful fact:

It was probably someone who knows you either directly or indirectly (like you talked to them or they heard your car pulling in or driving by. It must of have sounded good since they hit your car).

Fast recovery is what I am hoping for ya at this point of time.

Sorry I am blah blahberring on and on I am still pissed off myself.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting a quick repair. i have an appointment at 1230 to get it fixed. As for the insurance company, I've already talked to them and they will cover another above $500, That includes the window, speaker and amp. I just need to go to the Stereo place to get a copy of the reciepts. i really don't know if i'll put another system in it. The cop did tell me since it is getting warmer out, alot of break-in's are happening.
jon

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Sorry to here about the break in!I know how your stomach sinks when you see something like this happen.I have real problem with my anger.So I keep my jetta in the garage,all the time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That sucks dude, the bastards must have had you marked somehow. How else would they know that was back there? Low-lifes. Just once I'd love to catch one of these fuckers in the act.

By the way my stock alarm goes off if you try to get into the trunk. It's different on a GTI?

[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: JimmyC ]

·
Registered
433 Posts
sorry to hear about what happened Jon, i feel your pain, some people are just assholes.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimmyC:
Just once I'd love to catch one of these fuckers in the act.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hell yeah and when you do, beat the living shit out of em. and if they tried to run away hit the bastards with your car

[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: k2jetta98 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well they never opened any doors what so ever. They smashed the back window and and lifted the cover. While i was talking to the cop, he said that their are alot more break ins happening now since it's warming out. He also said that some of the break ins there were nothing stolen. they just scope your car out and if it looks like something might be in it, they get you. Right now i don't plan on getting a replacement stereo. It's not worth the trouble to go through all of this again. Also if i was marked somehow, they will know i don't have anything in there then. After owning a Jeep i've learned not to keep stuff in your car. Besides my Cd's the speaker and amp where the only thing worth anything in the car.
Now if i do catch the mother fuckers who did this, i will beat the living shit out of them (well maybe not depending on how big they are
) I'm also going to be keeping an eye out in the papers to see if some mother fucker is dumb enough to try and sell it. If it is in the paper, i'll call them up to ask if i can look at it and see if it matches up to a piece they left behind from the amp. Oh-well, life goes on, i can't sit here and worry about what some of the low lifes of society do to ruin everyone elses life.
jon

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
Well they never opened any doors what so ever. They smashed the back window and and lifted the cover. While i was talking to the cop, he said that their are alot more break ins happening now since it's warming out. He also said that some of the break ins there were nothing stolen. they just scope your car out and if it looks like something might be in it, they get you. Right now i don't plan on getting a replacement stereo. It's not worth the trouble to go through all of this again. Also if i was marked somehow, they will know i don't have anything in there then. After owning a Jeep i've learned not to keep stuff in your car. Besides my Cd's the speaker and amp where the only thing worth anything in the car.
Now if i do catch the mother fuckers who did this, i will beat the living shit out of them (well maybe not depending on how big they are
) I'm also going to be keeping an eye out in the papers to see if some mother fucker is dumb enough to try and sell it. If it is in the paper, i'll call them up to ask if i can look at it and see if it matches up to a piece they left behind from the amp. Oh-well, life goes on, i can't sit here and worry about what some of the low lifes of society do to ruin everyone elses life.
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you need help either beating them up or meeting them to see your stuff let me know. I can get mid-evil on their buttock!

·
Registered
167 Posts
sorry man

Well about 6 months ago i had my car stolen so i know exactly what your feeling. the biggest problem now is that i'm super paranoid about my car. i have a feeling your going to be haunted about this event for sometime.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Dude, that totally blows!!! I'm sorry to hear about that.

The only word of advice I have though, if you do go meet em, you might want to get someone with bigger guns than db's!!!

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V33dub_GTI:
Dude, that totally blows!!! I'm sorry to hear about that.

The only word of advice I have though, if you do go meet em, you might want to get someone with bigger guns than db's!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you saying...I'm not ripped? I am a computer nerd ya' know.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
K.... After talking with my buddy GREG we might come up there and visit you guys.

I don't know when yet... but it looks like it will happen.

I am saying that cause I want to help in KICKING SOME FUCKING ASS!!!!.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hmmm......2 computer gu-ru's and Jon (don't know about greg, he might be some help). You guys might want to recruit some more muscle!

Ah who am I kiddin, last time I was in a fight I got laid out by a drunk guy. Granted, it was the cheapest shot he could take.....WHILE I WASN'T LOOKING!!!!!

But you guys find the faggot's (or faggot) take it easy on him, we don't want VWForum getting the reputation of being a bunch bully's!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Hehehe... Jonny Jonny Jonny.

I got 3 years of Tae-Kwon-Do and 3.5 years of Kickboxing under my belt.

I have 3 fake teeth, broken jaw, broken pinky and broken Cheeck bone and 2 times broken nose as my experience.

I probably lost as many fights as I won, but I never fought the same guy twice. You know why? CAUSE they know it will fucking hurt. Even when I loose they remember me.

I used to way 220Lbs when I met my wife. Now I am down to 197 Lbs. Since I didn't have a real fight in 5 years.

Too bad Greg is not on this Forum.. he could tell you some stories.

[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts