VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Just got two issues now and trying to figure out if anyone elso who went low has had these.
First is that I'm getting steering wheel vibrations between 60–70. I'm gonna get an alignment and see if that helps though.
The second one is that now my exhaust vibrates really bad off my rear axle when I'm taking off in first or even shifting into second. Any ideas on how I can stop that? Lol

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Looks great. Thats basically how mine looks, but just a bit lower in the front and back :D They will settle too so give it a few weeks. polo bushings will get rid of the gap in the front.

I have reverse rake in the back and it makes me rub and has made some paint lift off the fender, but luckily the paint is still there and hasnt peeled off. look into ecs tuning rear centering plates, they should get of the rear rake.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Looks perfect. Your exhaust is probably hitting off the rear beam. Upgrade to a poly dogbone bushing and poly exhaust hangers.

·
4,054 Posts
Looks great :K:

After a little while please do a review on these. I'm interested in them myself.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You think the poly exhaust hangers with help the exhaust from hitting the rear beam?
and as for the reverse rake.. I think thats just the way it was sitting in that driveway. Its been about a week now and the front settled a little more and the rear looks alot better. I'll take another pic and post it up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then I may have to invest in those centering plates, mine hits when I'm taking off in first usually then it stops.
I should probably get a skid plate as well lol. Don't wanna blow my oil pan apart

·
4,054 Posts
Skid plate will just help bust the pan. Just drive carefully. Don't break that GLI lip either ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That skid plate that diesel geek makes seems pretty beefy. Just a big price tag.
And yeah that's one thing I was afraid of was blowing apart that lip.. Especially since its my second one thanks to a raccoon lol

·
4,054 Posts
Save your money and just drive carefully. It's not like your pan is made of paper.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts