VW Forum banner

lowerin a bora???

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tf242 
#1 ·
ppl i want some advice on loweing my 2001 jetta..
do u think a 1.7 drop wit apex springs is good..too loW???
thanx guys i appriciate it

#2 ·
I dont' know a LOT about Apex, but personally I would suggest H&R and if you don't like those (most people love them) then I would try Eibach. I just say that because I've never heard much about Apex. Also, a tip, it's a good idea to do shocks at the same time, otherwise you run the risk of having a bad bottom out. I know someone who badly damaged their engine doing that.

#3 ·
I also dont know much about apex. but there are cup kits out there that are usually a good deal (both springs & shocks) plus they save you money (both of the cost of the setup and install-if you have it installed somewhere). H&R has a good reputation as Straz said. A lot of suspension sets lower between 1.4-1.7 or so. If you have bad roads (like in PA), I wouldnt go too low.

#4 ·
i dotn have any problems with my H&Rs and stock shocks. works fine. no complaints and ive had them since like early dec. or something.
rich

[ April 05, 2003: Message edited by: dubwink ]

#5 ·
I think 1.7" drop is too low if you are going with APEX. They have a reputation of settling much lower then the initial drop.
My buddy has APEX springs and ruined his shocked in a matter of months. I posted his Civic in the Showoff section of the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.