VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 2.0 Golf with 15k miles on it and i was wondering if i should go with the H&R springs. I am scared that the car will be too bouncy but then again my stock shocks dont have too many miles on them but they are 2 years old. Dubwink also recommended to me the Weitec cup kit and it is on sale for 440 right now. Please let me knwo what i should do thanx alot.

Emir

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Well that could lbe dangerous to do. I know a kid who had a 2000 GTI and he put H&R springs on but factory shocks and he bottomed out on a big bumb and needed major engine work. As soon as he got new shocks everything was fine. I personally got H&R's and Bilstein's at the same time and it's great. You can get them as a package for a good price at www.parts4vws.com. I think you'll be much happier with that than a cup kit.

G

·
0 Posts
if yer going fer a half way decent drop i would go with apex...i haven't had any problems with mine being bouncy..there stiff but not bouncey but the whole sport kit i think goes for 400..(thats struts and springs)bolt on an go

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been working on vw for many years , and in my experience wietec sucks. The money you will spend on wietecs now you will double in a few months when you decide you should have went with the koni coil-over kit. If you need any other info feel free to call me. 516-327-3188

NAVIN

·
Registered
844 Posts
Dude, I've got H&R sport springs on my car with the factory shocks and every thing is fine....for now. I have no complaints about the ride and it not bouncy in any way, and I live in a town with piss poor streets, so if something were to go wrong, it would have already. Granted, you don't want to leave the factory shocks on there for long, but it won't hurt anything to have them on there for a little while. Oh, and I have 12,000 miles on my car.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ill back Johnny up... I rode in his with the springs and it was every bit as un-bouncy as mine with the stock springs, it just set lower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts