VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 96 jetta gl 2.0 and i have 17" enkei's with 35's on them. other than that it's bone stock, but i want to lower it to get rid of the wheel to fender gap but i don't know how much to go. what would be the best way to go about this without spending a lot of loot ? thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
i am getting weitec gt kit for my car it will do a 60/40 drop. which is about 2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear, because mk3's have a larger wheel gap in the front than the rear to close it up equaly this is the best way to go IMO.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yes sir. the way to go for mk3 IS wietec gt.
zach, you must be so happy i advised you to get that. and for only 399! are you out of your mind!

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: dubwink ]

·
Registered
433 Posts
yes i am, we will order that sh*t tomorrow dude! and im getting it installed for $100 what else could i ask for

·
Registered
175 Posts
LOL dubwink, my manager said that when ps2 dropped in price. it was so funny seeing peoples reactions to it! suspension wise the weitec is good, h&r have the cup kit for a couple hundred more, and i have the spax kit on mine which is the same drop as the weitec and about the same price. the spax kit is more aggresive though so it is supper stiff. and i mean super!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I love Weitec too. I was thinking about getting the Coilover Kit for my MK4. I do hope they have other colors then that LIME though. I was actually playing around with the KIT in Toronto at Evolution Racing. Tito (the owner) wanted me to translate the manual as it only comes with German Manuals. At least that Coilover kit that he sold did. He didn't know how to adjust the stiffness on the fly. It was rather complicated... you had to count 10 turns counter clockwise then some turns to the other side. All you had to do is pop your hood and play with the top of the front shocks.

[ February 20, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
14 Posts
i am ordering a weitec 60/40 kit for my car tomorrow...i am also getting vr6 strut bearings (i am a 2.0), i am also figuring i need a camber kit? so a) will an eibach camber kit work universally because thats the only one i can seem to find, and b) am i going to have any driveline clearance issues in the front so i will have to have a new lower stress bar? any info is a great help thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts