VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Got a couple of codes from ODCII - P0106 (bad MAP sensor) and P0238 (high circuit A on Turbo boost).

The cars runs rough when cold (transmission is shifting (up-shifting early) erratically); but when warm its okay.

My mechanic suggested that I change the MAP sensor as this often will clear up ECU dependent problems.

The MAP sensor from the dealership is $198.00. I found one on-line (BOSCH) called an "Air Mass Meter ( GermanAutoParts.com )" for $138. I don't think they are the same...is an "air mass meter" the same as an MAF? (which would NOT be the same as a MAP?)

Thanks,
CH

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@AgGTI

Thanks, that's what I figured. One more question; when I click on MAP sensor (above link) it brings me to a list of MAPs and then I choose one. A new page opens up and I get the details of the part and a list of vehicles (circled in black with arrow). Are these the vehicles that this part will fit?

Anyway to tell which engine code (AWP) that these parts are certified for?

Thanks,
CH

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Depends on the year of your vehicle and the VIN #. There is a split in 2003 if you look at the main page with the MAP sensor. The AWP engine came in early 2002 and onwards. If you are unsure give ECS a call or use their online chat and tell them your year and VIN number. You could look at your own MAP sensor but I can't tell what the difference is between the ones on the ECS page - maybe a bigger diameter hole or something.
I would get a new O-ring seal while you are at it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Usually when there's a cheap or expensive alternative - as a rule of thumb the one for my 02 GTI is the more expensive one...lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on the year of your vehicle and the VIN #. There is a split in 2003 if you look at the main page with the MAP sensor. The AWP engine came in early 2002 and onwards. If you are unsure give ECS a call or use their online chat and tell them your year and VIN number. You could look at your own MAP sensor but I can't tell what the difference is between the ones on the ECS page - maybe a bigger diameter hole or something.
I would get a new O-ring seal while you are at it.
Cheers & Thanks,
CH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts