VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was leaving the track after my friends drift event and i got onto the highway. i ran 3rd gear out to 5200rpm and then i went to shift, well i shifted into 2nd gear. well the rpms shot up and i pushed the clutch in extremely fast. it doesn't start now like its getting no fuel or spark and my starter went out. well we tried push starting and no luck. so we got it home and when we got there the crankshaft pully fell off.

so if anyone has any ideas let me know plz.

and i was thinking vr6 swap or just rebuild the 2.0 if its bad.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Pull the top end off and check for bent valves. Some people get away with just putting a new belt on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My cranfshaft center bolt broke off a couple of weeks ago. I was driving up a hill and I guess there was too much stress for the old bolt so it broke... Only about half a centimeter was left inside of the threads, it was really strange.

Yeah they are interfernce engines (the finest of german engineering :p) but I got a new bolt from a dealership ($7 +shipping) and put it in, re-timed it, and it runs fine. I thought I had some bent valves for sure, maybe I do, but it runs as bad as it did before, so there are no changes there.

The bolt is a M4X1.5X33 I think. If you call a dealship and ask for the cranksaft center bolt they can get it for you. This page has some good info about drilling out the bolt and stuff.

VWVortex.com - Here is my complete Crank Fix..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it was my moon key snapped on the pully. i got a new pully, did the timing. now it cranks and im getting fuel and spark but it will not start. i scanned it and it said crank sensor. so i replaced the sensor code went away but still no starting. when you are cranking it, it osunds like the starter is bad, but when you look at the crank and cam they are turning as norm. i have no idea why it will not start. any ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts