VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously I am not the first to try this, however I have been searching for a way to add a few extra HP to the car to help in my pursuit of 13's this season before the K03 comes off. Well, I added the MBC inline w/ the N75 unplugged hoping it would not adapt and pull boost eventually (My car has this problem). It is now spiking to 23-24psi, holding 20-21 to approximately 4800-5000k rpms, and then slowly tapering to around 13-14 at redline.....
I have not reset the ECU either since I did this so that is not the cause.

I am going to the dyno on Saturday and will be able to compare my old dynos on both APR 93 and APR 100 that both have a/f graphs included to the new ones I pull on this Saturday. Tomorrow I will update this thread with pics of my old dynos and hopefully on Saturday I can take the old ones and overlay them with the new to show the increases on peak and under the curve. I will also be able to clearly see what my A/F looks like in this configuration.

I am very impressed with this, but it will take some time to see if the ECU will adapt to this and pull boost after some driving.........the car never spiked or held boost like this. It was close on the spike a week or so ago when I freshly reset the ECU after I added that check valve above the PCV, however since it adapted was again only spiking 21 and then holding 19psi to about 4000-4500 and then slowly dropping to 12 at redline.

I will also add that after about 30 minutes of test pulls, I never hit limp mode once............ :twisted:

Here is a quick pic I stole from Vortex that shows how I have this rigged.

[ February 20, 2004: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
177 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
Had the same setup in the GTI, and liked it very much! Gotta watch that partial throttle!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dang

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
You turbo guys are nuts. I like people like that. When we turbocharge my brother's Audi Coupe Quattro, I know who is getting my questions...we're gonna build our own 20V Turbo 5 cylinder.

Hey BD...you got any Audi guys on 20Vturbo.com with 20V Turbo 5 cylinder motors?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
You turbo guys are nuts. I like people like that. When we turbocharge my brother's Audi Coupe Quattro, I know who is getting my questions...we're gonna build our own 20V Turbo 5 cylinder.

Hey BD...you got any Audi guys on 20Vturbo.com with 20V Turbo 5 cylinder motors?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, but I know a little about them, I almost traded my 2.8L 93' 90CS Quattro in on one.

ON a side note, the ECU has not adapted whatsoever to this, which seems to be a major problem with every other boost altering mod I have done so far. In 5th gear, it spikes to 24psi and holds 21 to almost 5000 rpms......

[ February 20, 2004: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts